Donation-based Nonprofit Consulting and Speaking Services for Socially Responsible Conservation
Our organization has been sought out for our leadership in the realm of what we call Socially Responsible Conservation. We have received requests from fellow land trusts to share with them how we approach our work, and we are happy to extend this orientation to any organization that may be seeking it, either through consulting or speaking/presenting.
We invite nonprofit and community organizations to learn with us: we will share our successes and challenges and help you think through how your organization can move forward in the areas below, and how to tailor this work to your service areas and unique organizations. The following are areas we feel equipped to offer guidance in. As we are still growing in these areas, we are happy to recommend additional resources, and share our network of consultants, advisors and thought partners if your needs go beyond our level of experience.
Responsive, equitable and inclusive land acquisition/use/access and program development:
- Food access
- Spanish and bilingual outreach and engagement
- African heritage protection
- Youth leadership and stewardship
- Authentic community partnerships
- Working with BIPOC-led organizations
- Working with unincorporated community groups
- Working with businesses
- Working with municipalities
- Alternative organizational models
- Organizational structure: shared leadership/non-hierarchy
- Orientation to the Community Land Trust model
Ask us to present (as individuals or panel members) on initiatives or aspects of work that you would like to learn from or share with your audience!
How do we get started?
Reach out during normal business hours to Julia Farr for an orientation to our services and assessment of your needs at email@example.com or (845) 877-5263. If both of our organizations determine we are the right fit, we will discuss the donation level your organization is able to offer (see below). Then our staff will determine which of us would be available to offer the deepest support to you in the area you are seeking (feel free to request specific staff member/s).
In the spirit of collaboration, sharing, inclusiveness and accessibility, the Kingston Land Trust does not charge for our services, rather we request a honorarium to help to sustain and deepen our own work. This suggested donation is presented below as a sliding scale so that organizations with more resources can help us lend capacity to aligned organizations with fewer resources. If the suggested donation amount is not possible, just let us know how much you are able to contribute, or suggest an in-kind offer, and we will assess our capacity to support you.
Sliding Scale Requested Honorarium for KLT Services (suggested rate per hour, per staff person, plus prep/travel time)
|Organization’s Annual Operating Budget||Consulting||Event Speaking (a donation upon registration can help!)|
|Between $250,00 and $1,000,000||$100||$300|
Land protection organizations that we have given guidance to in 2020 include the following:
- Scenic Hudson (NY), on community and bilingual engagement for Quarry Waters Park
- Dutchess Land Conservancy (NY), on land-oriented Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Woodstock Land Conservancy (NY), on land-oriented Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Lowcountry Land Trust (SC), on African Burial Ground Protection
- Mainspring Conservation Trust (NC), on inclusive community engagement around food access
- Hudson River Watershed Alliance (NY), panel on building Shared Leadership