Clean Up Day: Upper Kingston Point Rail Trail
Join the Kingston Land Trust and our Kingston Greenline Trail Ranger volunteers for the first trail clean up of the year!
The focus area of this clean up will be the upper portion of the Kingston Point Rail Trail (starting behind Wallgreens on Broadway, and ending down at Rondout Gardens). Home base for volunteers will be the municipal parking lot at the corner of Delaware Ave. and Livingston St. (access parking lot by car from Livingston St.).
Sunday, 8/2 will be the rain date for this event.
- Instead of our usual introductory gathering, detailed written instructions will be visible in the parking lot and in each designated section. Event leaders wearing Kingston Greenline t-shirts will check in with volunteers in each section throughout the event.
- Individuals or 'quaranteams' (family or friend units who arrive together) can mark off the section they want to work on and head there. Sections will be marked with chalk, and trash bags/other supplies will be left in each section.
- For maximum saftey, we ask everyone participating in this clean up to wear a mask and maintain a distance of 6-10ft from people outside of your quaranteam. if you need a mask one will be provided to you.
- All tools will be sanitized before and after use with by or with the support of event leaders. Please bring your own gloves if you have them, limited pairs of sanitized work gloves will be available.
- We encourage you to bring your own water and snacks if you think you'll need them.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us via facebook message, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you on the trail!
Fourth Ward Memorial Park
227-241 Hasbrouck Ave (access parking lot from Livingston St.)
(access parking lot from Livingston St.)
Kingston, NY 12401